OPT INC. (US) OFFERS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFIT PACKAGES, INCLUDING
EQUITY COMPENSATION, 401(K) PLAN, PLUS BONUS PROGRAM FOR NEW PATENTS.
SENIOR Supply chain / procurement manager
Dual Report to VP Engineering and Chief Operating Officer
This position has the lead in developing, executing, and complying with OPT’s procurement policies, procedures and related internal controls. The Procurement role includes identifying, qualifying and establishing vendor relationships, particularly near potential OPT deployment and fabrication locations in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and elsewhere in the world as required, contracting for services (including ocean deployments), materials and subsystems in support of all the Company’s operations. Many of the procurement activities support initial product development including prototyping and qualifying early supply chain partners. Upon transitioning to full-scale production, the individual will establish relationships with key vendors, negotiate supply agreements, as well as identify and maintain suitable alternate suppliers. Must combine strategic orientation and hands-on tactical interactions to provide full life-cycle supply chain support for Engineering, while servicing the overall business to ensure a smooth, efficient and timely project execution process.
Working closely with various internal departments ensures that procurements meet company standards for budget, schedule, and quality. These goals will be met through the entire process from Request for Proposal, issuance of purchase orders, maintenance of PO records in software database, delivery tracking, vendor relationship management, receipt of goods and services, and material returns. Procurement documents such as requisitions and purchase orders will be prepared in compliance with related company policies and procedures. Establishing a diversified supply chain is a key company initiative to ensure timely and cost effective results. This position is part of the Configuration Management Team, with responsibility for ensuring that version control and tracking for product documentation, materials and components are maintained.
Working closely with the engineering and operations teams, this position helps to ensure quality control and quality assurance standards are established and maintained for all procured materials and services, including incoming inspection procedures and handling of returns. This position will develop a geographically diverse network of third party inspectors with skill sets (e.g. certified weld inspection, paint inspection) which shall enhance the OPT quality inspection program, while providing traceability of components to ensure that accurate design revisions are produced. This individual will facilitate collaboration amongst key stakeholders, to reduce cost and delivery interval, yet maintain appropriate levels of quality.
PROCUREMENT SOFTWARE ADMINISTRATION. This position will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Procurement software tool utilized by the company to generate, document and track procurement transactions. May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility. This position also will help by retrieving, reviewing and analyzing procurement documents for SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) requirements.
- Background in maritime charters desirable.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Experience in government contracting including FAR and ITAR is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in Configuration Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to bridge between company business units, engineering and operations groups and vendors to ensure a common understanding of what is designed, procured, built and tested.
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Control and Assurance in a manufacturing and production environment. Ability to work with vendors to establish quality standards and protocols which enhance the reliability of our products.
- Ability to work well with others, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and manage risks.
- Ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences, and to exercise proper judgment in frequency and nature of communication to different parties (senior management, team members, vendors, etc.).
- Computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Experience with ePMX or similar Procurement system is desirable.
- US citizenship required
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core value
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technical discipline.
- At least 5 years experience as a supply chain manager in high value procurement and subcontracts, particularly for electronics, electromechanical devices and large metal fabrications and structures.
- Normal office environment with occasional visits to supplier production facilities or OPT job sites.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Occasional travel both domestically and internationally.
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds.