Help to change the world by becoming a part of the renewable energy revolution! Ocean Power Technologies (“OPT”) is the leader in innovative ocean wave energy conversion technologies and products known as the PowerBuoy™. Its PowerBuoy systems convert the heaving motion of ocean waves into reliable and persistent electric power. We are aggressively commercializing our PB3 PowerBuoy to a variety of markets including offshore oil and gas, meteorological and oceanic monitoring, defense and security, and communications.
The Project Manager is a motivated, creative experienced engineer and leader with a focus on inter-department and multi-disciplined team coordination and cooperation. He/she drives business priorities, program execution needs and a systems view of problem solving while executing detailed engineering activities in their specific field of expertise. Working together with the Executive VP Engineering & Operations, Program Managers, purchasing and other managers and leaders within the business, the PM’s responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the “order to remittance” process associated with projects.
- Coordinate with and support the EVP, Engineering & Operations to ensure department objectives, plans and priorities are communicated, understood and implemented.
- Day to day task management and prioritization within the preset business priorities.
- Lead and manage assigned projects/programs.
- Lead the development of resource plans, budgets, deliverables, milestones, execution risk mitigation plans: From initial product/technology development through product delivery and ocean deployment.
- Coordinate with peers, Engineering Manager, Operations, Purchasing, Contracts and others to ensure a clear set of objectives, tasks and deliverables are defined and well understood within the framework of the business objectives associated with the program(s).
- Accountability for delivering on all priorities, assignments, and program/business expectations.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Risk.
- Management based system solutions, as defined by the high level program objectives and customer (internal/external/market) product/solution application.
- Coordinate product and technology development reviews in accordance with the company’s Engineering development process (Stage Gate Process).
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated and reviewed in accordance with company’s Engineering process, and Program/Customer contract deliverables/expectations.
- Lead and support the planning of all development activities and ensure execution within defined schedule, budget, resource loading, milestones and deliverables.
- Lead / Support proposal writing, quotation process, response to RFI/RFQ and various business development activities as required.
- Support hiring and managing of contractors towards project/contract goals.
- Coordinate scope of work and technical requirements definition, as well as follow-up.
- Promote a safe working environment as well as a stringent focus on risk understanding, reporting and management, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design To Cost (DTC) without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Prefer Power Systems/industrial background in heavy electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment and operations (hydraulics, welding and steel structure fabrication, pumps, compressors, rigging, electric power generation and distribution, Power Electronics and marine operations).
- Prefer marine experience -- spent time in the marine or offshore industry with knowledge of techniques, practices, vessels, equipment.
- Demonstrated track record of challenging status-quo, continuously seeking business execution improvement (leaner, faster and better).
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, accountability, and ownership.
- Ability to think out of the box and work with executive management to define and implement business growth strategies.
- Experience managing complex customer and vendor contracts.
- Software Capability- MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, Power Point.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core values.
- Engineering degree (BS minimum, MS preferred).
- 10 years of hands-on engineering development experience.
Ocean Power Technologies offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, a health benefits package including dental and vision, 401k plus company matching, paid annual vacation, sick leave and holidays. The successful candidate will also be eligible for OPT’s annual bonus and company stock equity awards.
OPT’s New Jersey headquarters. Relocation assistance will be considered.