OPT INC. (US) OFFERS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFIT PACKAGES, INCLUDING
EQUITY COMPENSATION, 401(K) PLAN, PLUS BONUS PROGRAM FOR NEW PATENTS.
The Program Manager (PM) is a motivated, creative and experienced project manager, engineer and leader with a focus on inter-department and multi-disciplined team coordination and cooperation. The PM is responsive and results-oriented, with a focus on delivering high quality work products to internal and external customers within aggressive timelines. He/she drives business priorities, program execution needs and a systems view of problem solving.
- Report to, coordinate with and support the COO and Vice President of Engineering to ensure multi-department objectives, plans and priorities are communicated, understood and implemented.
- Lead and manage assigned projects/programs; day to day task management and prioritization within preset business priorities; accountability for delivering on all assignments, priorities, and program/business expectations.
- Lead the development of resource plans, budgets, deliverables, schedules, milestones, and execution risk registers and mitigation plans, from initial product/technology development through prototype, product delivery, and ocean deployment.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Contracts/Legal and others to ensure a clear and integrated set of objectives, tasks and deliverables are defined and well understood within the framework of the business objectives associated with the program(s).
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Risk Management based system of solutions, as defined by the high level program objective.
- Coordinate product and technology development reviews in accordance with the company's Engineering development process (Stage Gate Review Process).
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated and reviewed in accordance with the company's Engineering process, and Program/Customer contract deliverables/expectations.
- Lead and support the planning of all development activities and ensure execution within defined schedule, budget, resource loading, milestones and deliverables.
- Support hiring and managing of contractors towards project/contract goals: Coordinate scope of work and technical requirements definition, as well as follow-up.
- Promote a safe working environment as well as a disciplined approach to risk management and reporting, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design To Cost (DTC), Design For Reliability (DFR) without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Support Business Development as required in the evaluation of funding opportunities and requests for information, and in the preparation of proposals.
- Prefer Power Systems/industrial background in heavy electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment and operations (hydraulics, welding and steel structure fabrication, pumps, compressors, rigging, electric power generation and distribution, power electronics and marine operations)
- Prefer marine experience - spent time in the marine or offshore industry with knowledge of techniques, practices, vessels, equipment
- Demonstrated track record of challenging status-quo, continuously seeking business execution improvement (leaner, faster and better)
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, accountability, and ownership
- Ability to think out of the box and work with executive management to define and implement business growth strategies
- Minimum software capability to include MS Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to lead through influence, persuasion and coaching
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core values
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree (BS minimum, MS preferred)
- 10 years of hands-on engineering development experience