Help to change the world by becoming a part of the renewable energy revolution! Ocean Power Technologies (“OPT”) is the leader in innovative ocean wave energy conversion technologies and products known as the PowerBuoy™. Its PowerBuoy systems convert the heaving motion of ocean waves into reliable and persistent electric power. We are aggressively commercializing our PB3 PowerBuoy to a variety of markets including offshore oil and gas, meteorological and oceanic monitoring, defense and security, and communications.
Reporting to the Vice President Global Business Development (BD), the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for tactical marketing activities and ideation such as implementing marketing, advertising and social media campaigns, project management of external marketing service providers, supporting proposal activities for new business development, developing and coordinating presentations and other promotional materials, and planning meetings and trade shows. The Marketing Specialist will work collaboratively with executives and colleagues throughout the business and with outside consultants in support of overall BD activities.
Marketing Communications: Ideation and implementation of OPT’s digital and nondigital B2B marketing communications.
- Lead the development and implementation of all marketing and promotional materials.
- Manage and execute on executive and customer presentation design and preparation.
- Create and execute on OPT’s social media strategy.
Strategic Marketing and Business Development: Support competitive analysis and market research activities.
- Maintain OPT’s customer, strategic partner and competitor databases.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data and prepare BD reports.
- Support the development of technical, management and cost proposals for new business initiatives.
- Monitor BD budget, compare/analyze actual vs. budget and support the development of required estimates.
- Maintain industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading and analyzing trade publications.
Events Management: Create, manage and execute OPT’s conference, trade-show and event strategy.
- Identification of conferences, trade shows and events to attend as well as the presence necessary at each to reach key corporate objectives.
- Project management of an event agency to identify booth footprint, design, and key messages while maintaining budgetary goals.
- Management of on-site event logistics including developing schedules and assignments; and coordinating mailing lists.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral are a necessity.
- The candidate will be both a strategic and a creative thinker with strong ideation experience, adept at working in an entrepreneurial environment in a customer-focused culture.
- Highly self-motivated and with the ability to manage multiple priorities, the individual consistently delivers high quality work both independently or with local and remote teams.
- Experience with project managing event and creative vendors/agencies is necessary, and experience in graphic design is a strong plus.
- Occasional travel both domestically and internationally may also be required.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications or a related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within a corporate setting, preferably in a B2B environment.
Ocean Power Technologies offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, a health benefits package including dental and vision, 401k plus company matching, paid annual vacation, sick leave and holidays. The successful candidate will also be eligible for OPT’s annual bonus and company stock equity awards.
OPT’s New Jersey headquarters. Relocation assistance will be considered.