OPT INC. (US) OFFERS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFIT PACKAGES, INCLUDING
EQUITY COMPENSATION, 401(K) PLAN PLUS BONUS PROGRAM FOR NEW PATENTS.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
The Electrical Engineering Manager is a motivated, creative experienced engineer and leader with a focus on inter-department and multi-disciplined team coordination and cooperation. He/she drives business priorities, program execution needs and a systems view of problem solving while executing detailed engineering activities in their specific field of expertise. Works together with the Vice President of Engineering, Program Managers, Operations, purchasing and other managers and leaders within the business.
- Coordinate with and support the Vice President of Engineering to ensure department objectives, plans and priorities are communicated, understood and implemented.
- Day to day task management and prioritization within the preset business and Engineering priorities
- Management role with respect to certain projects/programs as needed
- Support the development of resource plans, budgets, short, mid and long term engineering resource/expertise/skill/training needs
- Support the development, implementation and sustainment of Engineering processes and procedures
- Coordinate with the Program Managers to ensure a clear set of objectives, tasks and deliverables are defined and well understood within the framework of the business objectives associated with the program(s).
- Accountability for delivering on all priorities, assignments, and program/business expectations
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a Risk Management based system solutions, as defined by the high level program objectives and customer (internal/external/market) product/solution application
- Coordinate product and technology development reviews in accordance with the company’s Engineering development process (Stage Gate Process)
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated and reviewed in accordance with company’s Engineering process, and Program/Customer contract deliverables/expectations
- Support the planning of all development activities and ensure execution within defined schedule, budget, resource loading, milestones and deliverables
- Support hiring and managing of contractors towards project/contract goals: Coordinate scope of work and technical requirements definition, as well as follow-up.
- Promote a safe working environment as well as a stringent focus on risk understanding, reporting and management, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design To Cost (DTC) without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- 10 years of hands-on engineering development experience
- Prefer Power Systems/industrial background in heavy electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment and operations (hydraulics, welding and steel structure fabrication, pumps, compressors, rigging, electric power generation and distribution, Power Electronics and marine operations)
- Prefer marine experience- spent time in the marine or offshore industry with knowledge of techniques, practices, vessels, equipment.
- Demonstrated track record of challenging status-quo, continuously seeking business execution improvement (leaner, faster and better)
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, accountability, and ownership
- Ability to think out of the box and work with executive management to define and implement business growth strategies
- Familiarity with UL, CE, IEEE and other standards
- Software Capability: Power Systems/Electronics/Controls simulation and analysis tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Spice, OrCAd or similar, MS Project, macro programming (C# / VB)
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core values
- Electrical Engineering Degree with a focus on high voltage power systems, controls and power electronics (BS minimum, MS preferred)