OPT Inc. (US) offers highly competitive salary and benefit packages, including
EQUITY COMPENSATION, 401(K) plan, plus bonus program for new patents.
Ocean Power Technologies is a leader in the development and commercialization of innovative ocean wave energy conversion technologies and products branded as PowerBuoy™. Its PowerBuoy systems convert the heaving motion of the waves into reliable and persistent electric power. Its PB3 PowerBuoy is a fully commercial product and current being aggressively commercialized to a variety of markets to include oil and gas, metocean, defense and security as well as communications.
The Electrical Engineer is a motivated and creative engineer with a focus on cutting edge multi-disciplined power conversion and management engineering technologies and capabilities.
The Electrical Engineer is expected to work in a multi-disciplined team environment with highly qualified professionals. As such, he/she drives business priorities, program execution needs, and a systems view of problem solving while executing detailed engineering activities in their specific field of expertise. Working together with peers and other leaders and contributors in the business, Electrical Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Create, update and maintain/manage electrical schematics and design documentation.
- Select electrical/electronics components, manage drawing and schematic database, develop and maintain Bill Of Materials (BOM) and support components and HW purchase.
- Develop assembly, integration and testing plans and procedures.
- Support the design, development and validation of power conversion components, controls software and hardware, subsystems and systems.
- Carry out design and troubleshooting activities such as: Circuit design and testing.
- Carry out the layout, assembly and test of electronic circuit boards and electrical systems.
- Interface with manufacturing/operations and suppliers/vendors in support of assembly/production and procurement activities.
- Support system assembly, integration and testing.
- Carry out tasks and responsibilities in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment to ensure clean hand-offs, Interfaces are well defined and understood to ensure a coherent, low risk system solution is developed.
- Coordinate the development of system, subsystem and component requirements technical/performance as defined by the high level program objectives and customer (internal/external/market) product/solution application.
- Support product development reviews in accordance with the company’s Engineering development process (Stage Gate Process).
- Ensure all technical documentation is generated in accordance with company’s Engineering process, and Program/Customer deliverables/expectations.
- Promote a safe working environment as well as a stringent focus on risk understanding and management, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design To Cost (DTC) without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Understand analog circuit design.
- 5 years of hands-on engineering development experience.
- Power Systems/industrial background a plus in heavy electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment and operations (hydraulics, welding and steel structure fabrication, pumps, compressors, rigging, electric power generation and distribution, Power Electronics and marine operations).
- Marine experience a plus -- spent time in the marine or offshore industry with knowledge of techniques, practices, vessels, equipment.
- Demonstrated track record of challenging status-quo, continuously seeking business execution improvement (leaner, faster and better).
- Software Capability: Electrical simulation tools such as Spice, Simulink, ORCAD or similar.
- MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Self-starter and strong work ethic and who displays our company core values.
- Engineering degree (BS minimum)