Director of Human Resources
Help to change the world by becoming a part of the renewable energy revolution! Headquartered in New Jersey, Ocean Power Technologies (Nasdaq: OPTT) aspires to transform the world through durable, innovative and cost-effective ocean energy solutions. Our PB3 PowerBuoy uses ocean waves to provide clean, reliable and persistent electric power and real-time communications for remote offshore applications in markets such as oil and gas, defense, security, meteorological and oceanic monitoring, telecommunications and more. This is a phenomenal opportunity for an energetic HR professional and that is looking for a seat at the table in a high-growth renewable energy-focused technology company.
The Director of Human Resources will be the head of the function for the company and report directly to the CEO. The individual will be a member of the executive team and help build the HR function including processes, SOPs, systems in order to enable company growth. They will be in charge of recruiting and on-boarding, performance management, learning and development, comp and benefits, and HR policies and procedures.
- BA/BS degree with concentration in HR Management, Psychology, Business or related.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated success in HR ideally as generalist and business partner.
- Experience supporting scientific, technology, or energy-related businesses especially with growth and ramp-up.
- Experience working at a large company with mature HR processes, and also experience building new processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience identifying, designing and implementing HR interventions to solve business issues.
- Experience in talent management (particularly recruiting, performance management, and employee relations).
- Excellent business partnering/consultative skills and communications (Written, verbal, and presentation).
- Strong organizational and planning abilities and able to execute on time and budget. Multi-tasker.
- Knowledge and understanding of core HR processes and applicable employment laws. Data driven.
- Focused, motivated, responsive and hands-on person willing to support executive team, whenever needed.
- Ability to be strategic as well as operational and tactical.
- Strong work ethic and who displays our company core values.
Competitive base salary, bonus, 401k plus company matching, vacation, holidays.
Monroe Township, New Jersey